This tutorial will help you learn a very easy way to “Increase the browsing speed of Mozilla Firefox” and make an amazing change to your browsing experience.
Different people have different types of internet connections such as Dial-up, DSL, and Broadband. The Firefox settings have been optimized and set as default for all the different types of connections.
Now, here is a great news for people using DSL or Broadband. Yes, with a few changes in the settings of the firefox browser, you may now experience striking changes in the speed and surf a lot faster. Let us check out the procedure for implementing the changes.
Note: The following changes will make no difference in speed in case of Dial-up connections.
Download the tutorial as a PDF: Increase browsing speed of Firefox
1. Open ‘Mozilla Firefox’.
2. Open configuration settings.
Type “about:config” on the address bar and press Enter key or hit Go button.
3. If a confirmation window opens up next, Click on the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
The configuration settings window of Mozilla Firefox will open up.
4. Type ‘http’ in the ‘Filter’ search box located just below the address bar and hit Enter.
5. Check for the network filters.
6. Change the value of “network.http.pipelining” to “true”.
Right click on the “network.http.pipelining”. Now click on “Toggle” to change the value from “false” to “true”.
7. Change the value of network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 8.
Right click on network.http.pipelining.maxrequests. Now click “Modify” to change its value.
Change the value to 8 and click “OK”.
8. Change the value of “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”.
Right click on “network.http.proxy.pipelining”. Now click “Toggle” to change its value.
These changes in the settings would hopefully make a significant improvement in the speed of your browser.
Have a great browsing experience!
For more tips remember to check out Mikes Computer Tips